We're very sorry
The page you're looking for was not found.
Baseball Betting with William Hill
With William Hill, betting on baseball is easier than you might think… and there are so many markets to choose from.
You’ll find baseball odds on Major League Baseball (MLB) almost all year around – bookmark this page to go straight to them.
Not sure how to bet on baseball? New to the sport? Read on for our quick guide to:
- Baseball leagues – MLB explained
- Baseball betting markets – who’ll win the World Series?
- Baseball jargon buster – just what is a ‘Grand Slam’?
- Tips for betting on baseball – understanding the stats
- Baseball offers and promotions– grab better odds on selected markets.
Bet on Major League Baseball
The highest standard of baseball is found in the MLB, which is made up of 30 teams from the United States and Canada.
Baseball has a long history, and the MLB has been around in some form since 1869.
The 30 teams in the MLB are split into the National League and the American League:
- Each league has three divisions: East, Central and West
- Each division has five teams
- Each team plays 162 games in the regular season
- The winner of each division qualifies for the postseason (also known as the ‘playoffs’).
How does the baseball postseason work?
The postseason takes place in October.
- It’s broken down into four rounds, known as the Championship Series
- The final round is the World Series
- There is also a Wildcard Playoff round (a one-game play-off featuring the two non-division-winning teams with the best records from the National and American Leagues)
Bet on the World Series
The annual MLB championship series is called the World Series.
Since 1903, the winners of the American League and the National League have battled it out for the prize.
The winner of the World Series is the first team to win four of the seven-game series.
The New York Yankees have won a record 27 World Series, and many of the greats of the game – including Babe Ruth and Joe DiMaggio – have worn their colours.
You can bet on the World Series winner with William Hill, and we run special markets throughout the series in late October.
Baseball betting markets
A bet on baseball can be as simple as picking a team to win a match – which is known as either an ‘outright’ or ‘money line’ bet.
There are over 2,000 games played across the Major League baseball season. So, you should never be short of baseball odds to choose from.
Plus, you can bet on the winner of the National League and American League. As well as which team you think will take the World Series.
Run line betting
This is a handicap bet, similar to the match spread in American football.
A run line bet could look something like this: Atlanta Braves +1.5 @ Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5.
Here, if you bet on the Braves, your bet will pay out if they win or avoid defeat by less than 1.5 runs. A bet on the Dodgers will pay out if they win by over 1.5 runs.
Game total betting
You can also bet on the total number of runs that will be scored in a baseball game.
Each team bats for nine innings. A run is scored every time a player makes it safely around all the bases. And an innings ends when three players are out.
Betting on baseball players
You can find baseball odds on individual player achievements, including the number of home runs a player will hit across a season.
The record holder for home runs is Barry Bonds (762), who passed Hank Aaron’s mark of 755 in 2007. Third on the list is Babe Ruth with 714.
Can’t see the baseball odds you want?
Tweet us with #YourOdds and the outcome(s) you want to bet on, and our traders will do their best to price your bet up.
Baseball betting tips
When betting on baseball, the secret is to get to understand what the stats mean and do some research.
Look out for:
• The pitcher’s ERA – anything between 3.00 and 4.00 is above average; anything below 3.00 is exceptional
• A batter’s BA – anything around 0.300 is excellent
• A batter’s RBI – 100 is considered a fine effort over the course of a season
• Head-to-head match ups – how have the recent games gone between the two sides?
The official MLB website has all the stats you could want when you’re betting on baseball.
Baseball betting offers and promotions
• Enhanced Odds – Markets at boosted prices.
• #YourOdds – Can’t see the bet you want? Tweet us with your bet and our traders will price it up.
• Acca Freedom – Take control of your acca by boosting the price or insuring it against one result.